The founder, a nature-lover engineer passionate about new technologies, founded the company VALECO in 1989. At this time:
- the general understanding that fossil fuels will inevitably run out starts to show,
- renewable power technologies are just beginning to be developed.
Armed with its innovative spirit, Valeco developed its know-how and experience in this transition context. The family business, today run by his son, became in a few years, a major player in the French energy sector.
In 2008, the Caisse des Dépôts et des Consignations, a financial institution of the French government, decides to acquire a 30% stake in the capital of the Group. The input made it possible to strengthen the capital base of Valeco Group and reach the ambitious national objectives regarding renewable energy production.
Since then, the VALECO Group has continued to develop in France and internationally, in countries with strong potential and stability. Present in Canada since 2012, the Group strengthens its presence on the American continent by opening an office in Mexico in 2015. In 2018 an office opens in Vietnam.
Keeping a constant eye on the most promising markets, the export department also works on new opportunities in Africa and more generally across the entire American continent.
The acquisition strengthens EnBW’s activities in the renewable energy sector over the long term as a key future business area for the company and at the same time secures growth opportunities in one of the most important markets for renewable energy in Europe.
EnBW aims at turning VALECO into one of the Top 5 players in the wind and solar market in France in the medium term.
- 1989: Creation of the company VALECO
- 1998: The family business is taken over by his son
- 1999: Creation of the engineering branch VALECO Ingénierie, consultancy office integrated into the Valeco Group
- 2008: The Caisse des Dépôts et des Consignations acquires stakes in the capital
- 2012: Opening of Valeco Energy Quebec and a French branch in Amiens (north of France)
- 2013: Creation of the branch Valeco O&M
- 2015: Opening of Valeco Energía México
- 2017: Opening of a French branch in Nantes (west of France) and certification ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- 2018: Opening of a French branch in Toulouse (south west of France) and Valeco Engineering Co. in Vietnam
- 2019: Acquisition of Valeco by EnBW